Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 1 : weather, climate and rainfall

6/18/16
This is my second time visiting the Amazon rain forest. I have decided to travel here in the summer as oppose to what I did last time which is traveling here in the winter. The temperature seems to about the same as in the winter and the rainfall is heavy and frequent as usually. There seems to be no dry season at all here. The only temperature change I have felt has been from day to night, it gets a little cooler.  In the day it gets very humid with the hot weather and frequent rainfall causing my hair to frizz up a ton! In the night, it gets a little cooler causing me to put on a pair of sweats and bundle up a little bit in my tent. I read before I came online that the difference in temperature is greater from day to night than from winter to summer, this is amazing to think about. The rain happens every day keeping the vegetation alive. I printed a picture of a climatogram, so I would have an idea of what type of precipitation I would be dealing with in the summer. Manaus weather. Amazon rainforest, Brazil
This climatogram shows that there is a little difference in season temperature and steady rate of rainfall. It's getting late and I must go to bed to rest up for a big day of hiking tomorrow, but first here is a picture I took of the rain today.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment